- CHEF GRADE SINK SET Cook, clean and entertain like a pro with food-safe accessories that eliminate clutter and provide workstation functionality; 10 second gentle wipe keeps sink sparkling and...
Last updated on 2021-09-21 at 20:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
While everyone knows about bathroom and kitchen sinks, the bar sink is a little more obscure. As you may have guessed, a bar sink is one that is designed to be slotted into a bar, precluding the need to bring your glasses all the way to the kitchen so that they can be washed after use.
A bar with a sink is referred to as a “wet bar,” and it is worth the additional work that goes into setting it up. The first thing that you’ll have to account for is whether or not your home bar is equipped with plumbing in the first place, as things will be much more complicated if that is not the case.
It is not impossible to set up bar plumbing later on, but it will end up costing you far more than simply installing a sink and being done with it. Regardless of how your bar is laid out, there are some crucial aspects to look for in a new bar sink that will make it much better-suited for use in your home.
Before we get to our buying advice, let’s take a look at some of the reasons why you’ll want to take care of when you’re purchasing your new bar sink.
Best Bar Sinks 2021
15 x 17 x 10 inches
18 x 14 x 8 inches
14.9 x 13.3 x 6.7 inches
18 x 17 x 10 inches
Zuhne Modena Single Bowl Bar or Prep Kitchen Sink
- Comes with useful and expensive accessories
- Thick enough to withstand a lot of rough use
- Superior sound insulation
- Prone to scratching (can be prevented by using a bottom grid protector that is included in the package as well)
Ruvati RVH7110 Zero Radius Bar Prep Kitchen Sink
- Many customers have found that this sink is very easy to clean
- There is a very little chance that it scratches or chips because of the heavy-duty stainless steel that it is made of
- It is very deep for holding plenty of dishes along with larger pots and pans
- There is a deep drain basket that is included with the sink to help to catch any excess food or debris
- The drain might not work well with almost every type of garbage disposal
Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink
- Made using 18-gauge high-grade stainless steel which is amazing to get at this price
- Great sound deadening that helps the sink to offer a convenient cleaning experience
- cUPC certified for a frustration-free experience
- As it is too lightweight, it may not be the best option when you are looking for a kitchen sink for very heavy-duty use
- No accessories included but you shouldn’t be expecting any at this price anyway
Houzer CTR-1700 Contempo Series Bar/Prep Sink
- Homeowners have been very satisfied with the depth of the sink and like how many dishes and glasses they can fit into it
- There might be strange build ups of mildew along the sides of it even after it had been cleaned quite a bit.
Importance of Getting a Quality Bar Sink
You may be wondering why you should put so much time into deciding on the right bar sink, as they surely are all the same, right? While most bar sinks will look similar, you’ll find that most of them are quite different from each other, with various price points, features, and rates of reliability.
Buying a new bar sink and having it installed will already take some time, and you may have to pay contractors to get it done. If you opt for an unreliable bar sink, you may end up having to rehire them to take it out and wait while it gets repaired, wasting both your time and your money.
This is why it’s always worth it to spend a little bit more money up front on a bar sink that you know will keep working for you without any hiccups. Other than reliability, you will also get sheer quality for your money. Nobody wants to ruin a beautiful bar with a sub-par sink that looks out of place.
In the end, you don’t even need to look for the most expensive bar sink around, but you’ll want to ensure that you get as much value for money as possible. You may even be surprised to find some affordable bar sink models that will work more reliably than products which are even more expensive.
What to Look for in the Best Bar Sink
There are a few features that you should prioritize when you’re buying a new bar sink, but their relative importance will depend on your bar’s setup and what you’ll be using the sink for. Some customers will use their bar sink for simple rinsing while others will thoroughly wash all of the bar’s glasses in these sinks.
The first thing that you’ll want to account for when choosing your bar sink is how large it is, as that will determine how easy it is to wash glasses in it. Keep in mind that bar sinks don’t have to be all that large because cups are usually relatively similarly-sized, but some larger beer mugs and steins may not fit into smaller bar sinks.
Take a look at the glasses that you’ll likely be washing in your bar sink, and consider whether they will all fit comfortably in the sink. If you have any doubts, take the measurements of the largest glass in your bar and compare it to the posted dimensions of the sink that you’re considering.
Bar sinks can have many different shapes, and the kind that you get will determine how easy it is to use and how it fits in with your bar. Most bar sinks will feature a standard rectangular shape, making them easier to install and clean, but they will lack the sleek look of other designs.
Many undermount bar sinks have creative shapes which make them blend into the surface of the bar, such as ovals, circles, and even diamond shapes. Of course, these shapes don’t improve the performance of your sink, but they make the bar as a whole look better, especially if it is an open design.
As with any other sink, you need to think about the material that your bar sink is made out of to ensure that you get the best looks and results out of it. The most common material that is used in bar sinks is stainless steel thanks to its resilience, low cost, and corrosion resistance.
Another option for bar sink material is copper, which you don’t often see in other kinds of sinks. Copper bar sinks are more expensive than stainless steel models, but they are eye-catching, and they’re sure to start at least a conversation or two. If aesthetics matter to you, then copper may be the right choice.
You can also find bar sinks that are made out of granite, though these tend to be rather pricey. Much like copper bar sinks, granite sinks are meant to make the bar look better. Granite also has the advantage of being relatively durable, but if you do drop something, it may end up chipping.
The last option you have for your bar sink’s material is porcelain which isn’t often used unless your bar has a lighter color. As with all other porcelain sinks, you won’t have to worry about stains and scratches with one in your bar, but you’ll want to make sure that it will fit in before you install it.
15 x 17 x 10 inches
18 x 14 x 8 inches
14.9 x 13.3 x 6.7 inches
18 x 17 x 10 inches
There is so much to consider when you’re choosing the right sink for your bar, so we hope that this guide has helped you get a better idea of what to look for. We wish you luck in finding the right sink for your bar!
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Acrylic Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Colorful Material
- Best Copper Sinks 2021 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2021 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2021 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2021 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2021 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2021 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2021 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2021 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2021 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen sinks:
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2021 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2021 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2021 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2021 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2021 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2021 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2021 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2021 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality