“Ew, stupid sink!”
We’ve all been there. Lousy sinks ruining our day is something we certainly don’t want to relive.
Given the number of sub-standard sinks passed off as top-tier items these days, we have a feeling you’ve been in this position as well. If you haven’t, we pray that you don’t find yourself in it.
However, one can never be too sure, and if you have a terrible sink, it’s only a matter of time before it breeds bacteria, keeps mold stuck upon itself and gives you a bad time in general.
To prevent this eventuality from happening, we suggest you go and buy yourself a top-class sink as soon as possible. But how do you separate the good ones from the bad ones?
Leave that to us.
The product we’re featuring today is the Swan Surface utility sink, and it is one of the best we’ve reviewed (and we’ve reviewed a lot of sinks).
So, let’s tell you why it’s so good, right after we’ve told you a little more about it.
Swan Sinks Reviews 2020: Features
- Has a 17.5 gallons capacity
- Features a flat deck for a variety of faucet applications
- Resistant to mold and mildew buildup
- Heat resistant to 450° Fahrenheit
- Available in two solid and two aggregate colors
- Dimensions of the sink: 25″ x 22″ x 13-9/16”
- Dimensions of the bowl: 21-½” x 16″ x 13-9/16”
Now, on to the review of the Swan.
What do we like about the Swan?
After thoroughly and extensively testing the Swan for an extended period and putting it to different kinds of uses and applications, we’re glad to report that we’re satisfied with its quality and that it is worth every dime it commands.
Here’s what we like about it.
The Swan utility sink is made of Swanstone, an innovative new material that’s unique to Swan and its products.
Swan claims that Swanstone is impervious to corroding chemicals like acids, gasoline, etc. and this means its finish will last for long.
Further, Swanstone is easy to clean, and most stains can be wiped off with a simple cloth.
Swanstone is also impact resistant, meaning that it is five times stronger than the toughest material in the cast polymer industry.
Swanstone is renewable, meaning if it catches any scratches or marks, they can be buffed or sanded out.
Having used the Swan sink for so long, we can confirm that Swan’s claims are indeed true and Swanstone is worth every dime it commands. It makes owning a sink a little less troublesome.
Design and finish
The Swan’s design is rather simple; a utilitarian single bowl design that chucks sophistication in favor of usefulness.
The drain is located at the bank of the bowl, meaning the waste, dirt, and grime you dump in the sink won’t stay in the sink.
The dimensions of the sink are 25″ x 22″ x 13-9/16,” and the dimensions of the bowl are 21-½” x 16″ x 13-9/16”. We found them to be well-judged and perfect for most household needs.
Coming to the finish of the Swan, it comes in two solid colors (white and bisque) and two aggregate colors (gray granite and midnight sparkle). We tried the gray granite model and are pleased to report that the finish is top-class and looks excellent, especially under sunlight.
The sink features a flat deck, meaning you can install the faucet of your choice onto it without any worries. It even comes with 4 and 8-inch centers marked, but more on that later.
Coming to the installation of the faucet, as mentioned earlier, the Swan comes with 4 and 8-inch centers market underneath the deck, which means all you’ve got to do is drill over them and install your favorite faucet!
- Comes with a unique and innovative Swanstone construction which prevents mold buildup and is renewable
- Flat deck means you can install the faucet of your choice
- Four brilliant finishes look amazing
- Simple and functional design
- The design may not be to everyone’s tastes
- Drilling faucet holes is a little challenging
If you’re in the market for a new utility sink, look no further than the Swan utility sink. It’s an excellent option for those looking for a simple, durable sink and comes with many innovative features.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2020
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality