You thought of IKEA, didn’t you? Yes, the Swedish brand has made such an incredible mark on the industry that most people don’t even think of entering showrooms of other brands. Who cares if their products are slightly dearer, they’re so amazing!
Of course, we know that you demand nothing but the best for yourself, as you should because you deserve it! That is exactly why we’re featuring one of the best kitchen sinks on the market today, the IKEA Sink.
As is typical with IKEA products, this sink is very thoughtfully designed, made of some of the best materials available and it is an absolute joy to look at and use, year after year after year.
So, without further ado, here’s our review of the IKEA Sink.
Havsen Sink Review 2020: Why do we like this product?
Instead of waxing poetic about the amazing ceramic construction of this sink (and be in no doubt, it IS amazing!), we thought it best to draw your attention to an equally important, if not more important issue, and that is of environmentally-friendly manufacturing.
It seems fitting that IKEA, the leader in the kitchen fixtures industry, should take the lead on this issue which is why half of their latest sinks are made from renewable materials.
Moreover, the question of environmentally-friendly production is as much of an ethical question as it is practical, and in favor of aligning itself with the “good side,” IKEA has decided not to use any wood that hasn’t come from a renewable source. This decision is supposed to be implemented in 2020, and for the time being, no illegally-harvested wood is used.
Now, back to the construction. You’d think that because of the recycling, the IKEA sink is nothing more than a cheap parts-bin knockoff, but no, it feels solid, nice to touch and is resistant to stains. Win-win!
For starters, this sink is unique in the respect that it allows the faucet to be mounted on either side of it. Though the hole is provided on one side, that can be plugged very easily.
Another unique aspect of the sink is that because of its humongous depth, it comes with a tray that is placed somewhere along the right side of the sink. IKEA says the tray is ideal for use as a soap dish or for somewhere to put your tumbler.
But that’s not all! The IKEA sink also comes with a strainer, a water-trap, and perhaps most importantly, two towel hangers. Just to recap, this sink can act as, obviously, a sink, a soap dish holder, a tumbler tray and even a towel-hanging station.
This IKEA sink comes finished in a beautiful, semi-glossy white and this finish sits perfectly on the recycled ceramic that this is made from. On one side, you have the beautifully-finished towel-hangers, flanked by the equally beautiful soap tray on the adjacent edge and a bigger tray that runs along the width of the sink.
One half of the bigger tray is finished in black and looks absolutely gorgeous, in line with the rest of the product.
Where does this product disappoint?
Even something from a brand as reputed as IKEA has shortcomings.
First off, we’re not huge fans of the lack of choice when it comes to finishes. Sure, the ceramic-white finish is amazing, has just the right amount of luster and is unlikely to peel off or fade anytime soon, but why should it be limited to just ceramic white?
Lastly, and we’re nitpicking here, installation of this sink may prove to be tricky. you’ll be fine If you have a supported countertop from IKEA itself, as their products are more or less modular anyway. Otherwise, your plumber may have a slightly tricky time.
- Amazing aesthetic
- Ethical and eco-friendly construction
- Has a ton of features
- World’s most reputed brand in this field
- Installation may be tricky
- Just one finish
The IKEA sink that we’ve featured today makes for an amazing value proposition. It looks amazing, it’s built well and in conformity with ecological standards, and it has a ton of features. To top it all off, you’ll have the assurance and peace of mind that only an IKEA product can provide.
For these reasons, we wholeheartedly recommend this product.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality