A kitchen sink is, obviously, indispensable to a kitchen.
However, manufacturers these days don’t seem to remember just how important a kitchen sink and how many functions it serves.
And that’s why they think it’s fair to fleece customers and make a quick buck by pushing sub-standard products at exorbitant rates.
If only there were a sink you could trust!
Well, finally, there is one. The Transolid Double Undermount (just the Transolid for this review) is a breath of fresh air in what is a sea of incredibly disappointing products.
Transolid is a key player in the kitchen fixtures and fittings industry and has a reputation for creating one good product after another, and this one is no exception.
So, without further ado, let’s take you on a tour of all the great (and not-so-great) aspects of this amazing new sink!
Transolid Sink Reviews 2020: Why do we recommend this product so highly?
The Transolid boasts an 80% quartz and a 20% acrylic resin construction. What’s the benefit of all that, you may ask?
Well, quartz which makes up the bulk of the Transolid is a very durable material and is resistant to scratches. It is also resistant to extremely high and low temperatures. In fact, the Transolid can resist temperatures up to 650 degrees Fahrenheit!
The acrylic resin blend also means that the Transolid is non-porous, so you don’t have to worry about annoying hard-to-reach leaks from obscure crevices. The acrylic also means that the Transolid comes in at a cheaper price point while boosting scratch resistance without sacrificing strength and/or beauty.
Another annoyance every budding sink-buyer has undoubtedly faced is the lack of colors these days.
For reasons best known to manufacturers, it seems that producing a range of sub-standard sinks in a variety of uninspiring and poorly-finished colors has become the norm.
Well, Transolid is ready to break industry norms in the interest of consumerism, which is why you can have this sink in one of five amazing colors, namely black, gray, white, and now for the good ones, Cafe Latte and Espresso.
The hues, gradients and shades of the colors are very well-judged; they react well to light and are unlikely to fade, given their amazing finish.
Coming on to the final great aspect of the Transolid, the design.
It is best described as a larger square affixed to a smaller square, except that both squares are rounded off on one corner each, giving them a rather elegant look.
The larger bowl also tapers off a little to allow for easy cleaning. The positions of the drains are also very well-judged, ensuring maximum flow to them and leaving minimal residue behind.
While you may have to adapt your countertop for the quirky (eccentric?) design of this sink, we think it’s well worth it because it’s elegant, functional, and unlikely to disappoint.
Where does this product disappoint?
Nothing’s perfect, and the Transolid is certainly no exception, and while we had to nit-pick, we did find some faults.
As inspiring as the design is, it does pose the universal double-bowl sink problem: where do you mount the faucet? How tall should it be? How far should the spray reach? How much should it swivel?
Incorrect mounting of the faucet may result in a lot of annoying splashback and, worst-case scenario, an unusable faucet-sink combination, so install wisely.
Lastly, while the undermount installation does provide seamless visual flow, it does prove to be quite tacky as far as installation goes, which means you’ll have to pay a professional a lot for the initial installation. But is it still worth it? Definitely!
- Amazing build quality
- Lots of color options with brilliant, lustrous finishes
- Design is elegant
- Beats the competition on several counts
- Undermount installation may prove to be tacky
- Faucet installation will have to be judged meticulously
The Transolid sink is one of the best sinks to have come out of the kitchen fixtures and fittings industry in a long time.
It is well-made, comes in a variety of brilliant color finishes and features a build quality that guarantees several trouble-free years of smooth operation.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2020
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality