Everybody loves themselves a good kitchen sink.
A good kitchen bowl is pleasing to the eye and touch, does not clog prematurely, prevents the accumulation of food and buildup of bacteria and makes washing and cleaning easy.
A lousy kitchen bowl, on the other hand, can make your kitchen the most unpleasant area in your house. It will clog, be an eyesore, breed bacteria and make even the simplest tasks like washing and cleaning difficult.
So, if you’re in the market to upgrade your sink (or are just plain tired of your old one), then we have the perfect product for you.
Kindred’s FMSB654NB Double Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink is one of the best kitchen sinks on the market today, and we’re going to tell you all about it.
First, let’s get started with its features.
Kindred Sinks Reviews 2020: Features
- Comes in a double-bowl design and is made of 22-gauge stainless steel
- Only one satin finish available
- Has four holes for your faucet and other accessories
- Features sound-deadening pads
- Heat resistant up to 2750° Fahrenheit
- Dimensions: 36 x 8.3 x 21.5 inches
- Each bowl measures 14 x 12-½ x 6-½ inches
What do we like about the Kindred?
The Kindred comes in a standard double-bowl design which has been adopted and improved well by the industry.
The dimensions of the Kindred are as follows: the sink as a whole measures 33 x 19 x 6-½ inches and each bowl measures 14 x 12-½ x 6-½ inches.
It is apparent from a glance at the dimensions that the Kindred is big enough to allow users to wash and clean without any substantial difficulties. The bowls are very deep at 6-½ inches and allow for hassle-free cleaning by preventing water spillover to the countertop.
Something that we initially had an issue with, though, was the proportion of the bowls’ dimensions to the dimensions of the sink as a whole, but keep in mind that the sink contains four holes for faucets and other accessories, so the proportions are justified.
Construction and finish
The Kindred FMSB654NB is made of 22-gauge stainless steel and comes in a single satin finish for both the deck and the bowls.
We were satisfied with the finish but not so much with the construction. However, there is a perfectly valid justification for that.
The 22-gauge stainless steel construction means the Kindred is thick enough to handle everyday tasks, but unfortunately, it is not as thick as some of the 16, 18 and 20-gauge sinks on the market today.
While stainless steel is one of the best materials to construct a kitchen sink with, it is prone to scratching (unlike quartz and acrylic mix). However, during our time, despite some deliberate attempts to scratch the Kindred, it did not scratch.
This is a testament to the quality of the finish, which is also pleasing to the eye and touch and almost makes up for the Kindred’s slightly downmarket construction.
However, the construction is justified as the Kindred costs less than a hundred dollars. Compare that with a quartz sink, which costs nine to ten times more than that!
The Kindred is very easy to use and operate and makes light work of most washing and cleaning tasks.
It features extra-deep bowls, so the water does not splash or spill over to the countertop.
The drain plugs (or waste holes) are located at the back of the bowls, making this sink one of the most trouble-free sinks as the wastewater drains effectively, leaving behind minimum stains or residue.
The sound deadening pads also make their presence known while you’re cleaning, as they absorb most of the irritating vibrations that get annoying after a while.
Cleaning the Kindred is easy enough as stray food does not stick to its sides and the finish ensures that minimum stains are left on the sink.
- The satin finish is beautiful
- The design is well-judged and functional
- Sound deadening pads are a nice extra
- Amazing heat resistance threshold
- Construction could’ve been better
- No distinguishing features
The Kindred FMSB654NB is one of the best sinks on the market, and we guarantee that you will not regret buying it. Yes, the construction could’ve been better, but, keeping the price in mind, the Kindred is a steal!
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2020
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality