- Sink Dimensions: 24-5/8" X 18-1/2" X 9-1/2" Min. Cabinet Size: 30"
Last updated on 2021-07-24 at 13:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
There are plenty of parts of our homes that go unappreciated for the jobs that they do for us every day. For example, a kitchen sink is an appliance that is commonly taken for granted, as running water was relatively uncommon as little as 100 years ago, showing us just how far we’ve come in that time.
Of course, when the time comes to replace your kitchen sink, you begin to realize just how much you rely on it, and it makes sense to want to find the best one possible. Choosing the right sink can often be a challenge, especially since everyone has different preferences and different countertops.
Instead of reviewing an exact sink in this guide, we’ll instead be reviewing the Elkay Company, which is one of the most successful sink makers in the world.
24.6 x 18.5 x 9.5 inches
31.5 x 18.5 x 9 inches
33 x 20 x 9.5 inches
25 x 22 x 9.5 inches
Elkay Sinks Reviews 2021
Elkay Quartz Classic ELGU2522 Single Bowl Sink
- Resistant to all types of damaging agents
- Very functional, extra deep and super easy to clean
- Looks simple but elegant enough to be the focal point of your kitchen
- Perfect for small kitchens due to a lower width but being deeper
- The water drains rather slowly when compared to a rounded sink
- The installation can be a bit challenging, especially if you’re doing it for the first time
Elkay Crosstown Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
- The sink is made using 18 gauge stainless steel, which is the best you can get in this price range in terms of the durability
- The sound-deadening padding the Crosstown comes with is very impressive for the price
- The unique placement of the sink hole makes the sink very functional
- The sink is very large and deep to allow users to wash all types of utensils, including very large ones
- As with most stainless steel sinks, scratches are going to be inevitable
Elkay Quartz Classic ELGUS3322 Single Bowl Undermount Sink
- Extremely deep and would allow you to put and wash all your utensils comfortably
- Very durable and resistant to all kinds of damaging elements like scratches, stains, chipping, heat and more
- The material itself is naturally “quiet,” meaning you wouldn’t have to worry about the lack of proper sound insulation
- Can be challenging to use a large garbage disposal as it’s too deep
Elkay Quartz Classic ELG2522 Single Bowl Top Mount Sink
- Durable to all forms of damages such as chipping and heat issues, while also being resistant to scratches and stains
- Handles the banging of heavy items well and wouldn’t get damaged easily
- Not very demanding in terms of maintenance while being surprisingly easy to clean
- A very quiet sink thanks to it being made using a naturally sound-insulated material
- Some users might find the knockout plugs a bit of a problem during the installation
The Elkay Company
Leopold and Louis Katz founded the Elkay Company in 1920 in Northern Chicago. During that time, quality sinks were few and far between, and those that existed were prohibitively expensive. Since then Elkay has expanded to become the single largest maker of stainless steel sinks in America.
Unlike many other companies that started off as family-run and were then sold, Elkay is still a family business. With a pedigree like this one, you can rest assured that you are buying your sinks from one of the most well-established companies in the industry.
What Makes Elkay Sinks Special
Since the day they were founded, Elkay has had the mission to make high-quality sinks available for a lower price. If you don’t want to spend an exorbitant amount of money just so that you can ensure that your sink works in the first place, then Elkay may be the best company to buy from.
As you may expect, Elkay’s stainless steel sinks are some of their most popular products, and they offer the best value for money out of all of their products. This does not mean that their alternative materials are poor, but the company specializes in the manufacture of stainless steel sinks in the first place.
While their baseline stainless steel sinks have been praised for their quality and reliability, this has not held Elkay back from innovation. Throughout the years, this company has been at the forefront of kitchen sink design, meaning that their products always feature the latest bells and whistles.
Unlike other sink makers, Elkay endeavors to do the most possible for their customers. They see their products as a direct representation of their company, and if you receive a poor-quality sink, then they will do their best to make up for the mistake. An honor like that is hard to find in a company these days.
Aspects Where Elkay Sinks Excel
So what exactly makes these sinks better than the competition? In this section, we’re going to be taking a look at the specific features that make Elkay’s sinks superior. As you may have guessed, their famous stainless steel construction will also play into what makes them some of the best kitchen sinks around.
When it comes to your kitchen sink, you will want it to be reasonably durable to put up with the years of dishes and glasses that are going to have to be washed. Any sink will start to show signs of wear and tear over time, but Elkay’s kitchen sinks are made to a higher standard than the ones from other companies.
This is mainly due to the use of stainless steel, which is much less likely to retain any meaningful damage besides minor scratches. If you want a sink that will last you for the next few years or even the next decade, then you can’t go wrong with a kitchen sink from Elkay.
While it may seem like it so far, Elkay makes more than just stainless steel kitchen sinks, with models available in copper, fireclay, and quartz as well. The second-most-popular option after their stainless steel sinks is quartz, though there are nowhere near as many of them available as stainless steel sinks.
While the variety of materials that are used by Elkay leaves something to be desired, the quality stainless steel that they use in their baseline models has some of the best quality possible. While stainless steel sinks from other companies may be their cheapest models, Elkay makes theirs with pride.
Since Elkay was founded on the principle that the customer deserves the best for their money, you won’t come across many kitchen sink makers that can hope to match them in these terms. Most of the other manufacturers view stainless steel sinks as low-quality alternatives to quartz and other similar materials.
Of course, that leaves you out of luck if you want the pure convenience of a stainless steel sink without having to deal with the downsides of budget models; until you come across Elkay. This company was founded making stainless steel sinks, and they are still making them as their primary product lines to this day.
When you hear about kitchen sinks, sustainability often isn’t a word that is mentioned by the companies making them, but Elkay specializes in sinks that are more eco-friendly. For example, the vast majority of the sinks that are made by this company can be fully recycled once they have reached the end of their lifespan.
The reason for Elkay’s excellent sustainability in their kitchen sinks is once again due to their predominantly stainless steel construction. Unlike other materials, stainless steel can be recycled very efficiently. These sinks are already made out of materials that are 60% recycled in the first place.
24.6 x 18.5 x 9.5 inches
31.5 x 18.5 x 9 inches
33 x 20 x 9.5 inches
25 x 22 x 9.5 inches
Elkay makes some of the best stainless steel kitchen sinks in the world, and they are the most popular maker of them in America. We hope that this review has given you a suitable idea of what to expect from this company’s products.
Check out our individual reviews of Elkay sinks:
- Elkay Crosstown Single Bowl Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Elkay ELXHU3322 Quartz Luxe Offset Double Bowl Undermount Sink Review
- Elkay Quartz Classic ELG2522 Single Bowl Top Mount Sink Review
- Elkay Quartz Classic ELGU2522 Single Bowl Undermount Sink Review
- Elkay Quartz Classic ELGUS3322 Single Bowl Undermount Sink Review
- Elkay Schock Dual Mount Quartz Composite Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2021 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2021 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2021 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2021 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2021 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2021 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2021 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2021 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2021 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2021 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2021
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2021 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2021
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2021 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2021
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2021 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2021 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2021 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2021 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2021 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2021 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2021 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality