There’s the dishwasher, the faucet, the cutlery, the oven, the toaster, the coffee maker, the sink, the cutting board… ugh!
Oh, and if you have fists of ham, yeah buddy, you aren’t gonna be a Gordon Ramsey anytime soon (though you could give him a run for his money as far as swearing is concerned).
So, to make you less of a bull in a China shop and more of a Ramsey, we present to you the AKDY Kitchen Sink. How will this make you more efficient? Good question!
Basically, it’s a combination of a kitchen sink and a cutting board, organizing two very important elements of the typical kitchen countertop into one very compact space.
So, to tell you all about this amazing sink, we’ve reviewed it for you and here’s what we think of it. Let’s get started!
AKDY Sink Reviews 2020: What do we like about this product?
A very important aspect of a sink is the form and what makes up the form, and we’re glad to report that the AKDY sink is made of stainless steel which is very durable, resistant to extremely hot or cold temperatures and generally not very prone to smudges and scratching.
Of course, it goes without saying that stainless steel is impervious to rust, something likely to happen in a moist environment.
As if all of this wasn’t enough, the AKDY also has a coating on the bottom and the side and front faces to prevent any marks and scuffs from appearing during installation.
The sink itself is split into three parts: the left side consists of a colander, the middle portion houses the strainer and the drain, and the right side is home to a bamboo cutting board which is safe for use as per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Both the colander and the cutting board are adjustable, meaning they can slide across the sink as you please, so you can use them to cover different parts of the sink or place them as convenient. Also, the drain itself features a lid, so you can prevent pesky bugs from getting in there and blocking the passage.
Included with the amazing AKDY sink is an adjustable tray that is useful for holding veggies, fruits and etc for when you are washing and chopping.
Furthermore, the AKDY features thoughtful little touches throughout, such as the two-stepped ledge that looks great (we personally used it to keep our iPad and watch cooking videos side-by-side!) and the space for the faucet behind the ledge.
The AKDY also has a sound-absorbing pad to prevent annoying noise from reaching guests or fickle sleepers. And lastly, the 9-inch deep design can hold a ton of kitchen items.
However, we’re glad to report that you have to deal with only minimal hassle while installing the AKDY sink because it drops in perfectly into measured countertop cutouts. And the fact that AKDY provides an apron under the sink’s mount and the placement area for the faucet is well-judged.
The sink measures 33 inches by 20 inches and has a depth of 9 inches.
Where does this product disappoint?
The AKDY is not perfect, and though we had to nitpick, we did find a few flaws.
First off, not everybody will appreciate the philosophy that went into creating this product. Yes, everybody loves a jack of all trades, but a jack of all trades is a master of none. It’s neither a proper cutting board nor a proper sink.
Secondly, the stainless steel construction is great for durability and longevity, but it does sacrifice aesthetics, as it is available in only one (high-quality finish). Of course, not everybody will care about aesthetics, so it depends from buyer to buyer.
- Several functions combined into one product
- Cutting board is made of bamboo
- High-quality construction out of stainless steel
- Integrated faucet placement
- No color options
- Underlying philosophy might not appeal to everyone
In this age of clutter, distractions and notifications, it’s easy to become a little wooly-brained, and matters aren’t helped by the fact that our kitchens are almost always a mess.
Thankfully, the AKDY sink is a functional, utilitarian and convenient product that helps you organize your washing, cutting and organizing in the kitchen by providing you an integrated workspace that increases efficiency and saves time.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2020
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Karran QA-750 Quartz Double Equal Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality