A sink is an indispensable part of any kitchen.
Just think about it. Where do you wash the dishes? Where do you wash your veggies? Where do you wash your hands while cooking?
Think about how difficult your life would be without a sink; all that dirt, grime, and mess falling right down on your beautiful kitchen floor.
But life can become just as difficult with a sink. I’m talking about a lousy sink, the kind that rusts, clogs prematurely, looks and feels cheap and stinks.
So, to make sure you don’t go and buy yourself a bad sink, we’re featuring an excellent one.
It’s the Karran QA-750, and it is one of the best kitchen sinks in the market today. Before we tell you why we like it, here’s a little bit about the product itself.
Karran Quartz Sink Reviews 2020: Features
- Made of 80% quartz and a natural resin
- Comes in a double-bowl style with an apron
- Non-porous quartz construction prevents bacteria buildup and sticking
- Available in six elegant color options
- Heat-safe up to 535° Fahrenheit
- Convenient rear drain location opens up more space
- Dimensions: 34” by 21-¼” by 9”
Now that we’ve told you all about the Karran’s features, let’s get to the review.
What we like about the Karran
After installing and extensively testing the Karran for an extended period, we’re happy to report that this sink lives up to the reputation of its manufacturer and is worth every dime it commands.
Here’s what we like about it.
Would you look at those colors!
The Karran is available in six color options, namely black, brown, concrete, grey, bisque, and white. The model we tested had the brown color option, and we were taken aback by how beautiful the sink was.
Under direct sunlight, it looked terrific, soaking those sun rays up. It wasn’t too lustrous (we believe the white color option will take care of shine), but that was not an issue, as it carried an air of understated elegance about it anyway.
The quartz construction (more on that later) is complemented by pure acrylic resin, which helps the Karran get its beautiful finish.
The Karran QA-750 is made of 80% natural quartz crystals and pure acrylic resin. This quartz and resin mix is the best combination to make kitchen sinks and is followed by all top-grade manufacturers.
It is incredibly durable and resists temperatures up to 535° Fahrenheit, which means it can easily take the hottest water you can pour on it without fading. The quartz construction also means that the Karran is non-porous, preventing the spread of bacteria and germs as well as preventing food from sticking in the recesses. It’s also clear by now that the quartz surface makes it easy to clean as well.
Further, the construction is very pleasing to touch, meaning if your hands do come in contact with the sink, instead of feeling disgusted, you’ll be pleased with the quality of the sink!
Design and dimensions
The Karran features a double-bowl design with an apron in the middle. Both the bowls get their dedicated drains and are useful if you wish to, say, separate your dishes from your veggies.
The sink as a whole measures 34” in length, 21-¼” in width and 9” in depth. Each of the bowls measures 14-¾” in length, 16-¾” in width and 9” in depth. The apron is 9-¼” deep.
We found the proportions of the Karran to be well-judged. The bowls are deep enough to accommodate a decent number of dishes and prevent splashback but are not deep enough to make cleaning a back-bending inconvenience. The apron is tall enough to keep both sides well-separated and makes for a hassle-free cleaning experience.
The rear drain location is a boon, meaning the water drains quickly and effectively without sticking for long or leaving any ugly marks on the sink. It also prevents the development of foul smells as the water drains quickly.
- Six beautiful finishes to choose from
- Quartz and acrylic construction is top-class and prevents sticking and bacteria buildup
- Dimensions are well-judged and make light work of washing and cleaning tasks
- Can handle extreme changes in temperature easily and is heat resistant up to 535° Fahrenheit
- Rear-set drains are very convenient
- Slightly pricey, even for a top-class sink
- Double-bowl style may not be to everyone’s taste
If you’ve got an old sink that creates more problems than it fixes, then you should be in the market for a new one, and if you are, then you shouldn’t look further than the Karran QA-750.
It’s well-built, comes in beautiful finishes and is a top-class product.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our reviews of various kitchen sink materials and types before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best Bar Sinks 2020 – If your Bar Sink Stinks Your Party Sinks
- Best Copper Sinks 2020 – The Classy Material for Sinks
- Best Drop-In Sink 2020 – Enjoy The Ease of Installation
- Best Fireclay Sinks 2020 – The Heat Resistant Material
- Best Laundry Sink 2020 – The Lifeline of Your Laundry Room
- Best Stainless Steel Kitchen Sinks 2020 – The Wise Material for Sinks
- Cast Iron Sink Reviews 2020 – The Super Durable Material
- Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – The Antique Sinks
- Granite Sink Reviews 2020 – The Indestructible Material
- Porcelain Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Old School Material
- Quartz Composite Sinks Review 2020 – The Material That Resembles Natural Stone
- Undermount Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Discreet Sinks
You should also check out our reviews of other brands:
- AFA Stainless Sink Reviews 2020
- AKDY Apron Farmhouse Handmade Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Ariel Premium Triple Bowl Super Sized Kitchen Sink Review
- Artisan AR 3120D10-S Premium Collection Single Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Barclay FS30 Farmer Sink Review
- Blanco Silgranit Sink Reviews 2020 – More Comfort In Your Kitchen
- Bocchi Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020
- Boston Williams Solid Soapstone Sink Review
- Dawn BS121307 Single Bowl Bar Sink Review
- Elkay Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Sinks With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Franke Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – The Brand With Superior Safety Standards
- Glacier Bay All-in-One Top Mount 4-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Hahn Handmade ZR002 Undermount Single Bowl Review
- Houzer Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For Every Occasion
- IKEA Havsen Sink Reviews 2020
- IPT Sink Company Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- JULIEN J18 025810 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Kindred FMSB654NB Double Bowl Top-Mount Sink Review
- Kohler Sink Reviews 2020 – There Is A Sink For All Budgets
- Kraus Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – A Minimalist Design With An Urban Feel
- Latoscana LFS3318W Reversible Sink Review
- Mirabelle MIRURB3421 Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Miseno Undermount Double Basin Kitchen Sink Review
- Mowa HKN3322 Pro Series R10 Tight Radius Handmade Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Mr Direct Sinks Reviews 2020 – Sinks Made To Perfection
- Nantucket Sinks ZR3322 Pro Series Single Bowl Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink Review
- Native Trails NSKQ3320-A Native Stone Kitchen Sink Review
- Polaris Sinks PR305 Kitchen Sink Review
- Rohl RC3018WH Shaws Lancaster Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Ruvati Kitchen Sink Reviews 2020 – Quality You Can Trust, Functionality You Will Love
- Sinkology Farmhouse Sink Reviews 2020 – When Practicality Meets Art
- Swan SSUS1000.042 Dual Mount Solid Surface Utility Sink Review
- Swanstone Kitchen Sinks Reviews 2020 – Superior Impact Strength, Heat Resistance, Durability
- Ticor S3700 Pacific Series Single Bowl Zero Radius Square Kitchen Sink Review
- TopZero TZ.S773 Rimless Large Single Bowl Sink
- Transolid RUDO3120 Granite Offset Double Undermount Kitchen Sink Review
- Vigo Sink Reviews 2020 – Sophisticated Yet Minimalist Designs
- Whitehaus WH3018 Reversible Kitchen Sink Review
- Zuhne Sink Reviews 2020 – Reliable With Excellent Build Quality