Buying a faucet is a bit like buying a phone.
There was once a time when you didn’t have much choice while buying a phone; it was either a Nokia, Motorola or Sony Ericsson. But now, there are hundreds of manufacturers with hundreds of models, and choosing between them is a daunting task.
Similarly, faucets have become so varied and complex that choosing one is a nightmare, and the chances of buying a “lemon” are tenfold.
To prevent you from buying a “lemon”, we’re featuring one of the best faucets on the market today, the Whitehaus Forever Hot Faucet.
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Whitehaus Faucet Reviews 2020: Why should you buy this product?
It comes in three finishes: a brushed nickel finish, which has a faded (intentionally) appearance and would look best in kitchens with yellowish lighting; a chrome finish which is incredibly shiny and would suit airy, well-lit kitchens; and a polished chrome finish which really brings out the best of Forever Hot’s skilled staff.
The choices offered are tasteful and are backed up by impeccable quality, meaning that the finish will last, even during prolonged exposure to sunlight, dust, and grime.
Our personal favorite is the brushed nickel finish, which suits the traditional design (more on that later) of this faucet perfectly, though the others look just as nice!
The design of the Forever Hot faucet is best described as “traditional”.
The spout has a small protrusion on top which is reminiscent of royal faucets, and the stem itself is curved, providing an elegant and sophisticated look to the whole setup.
The theme continues with the single lever which is delightfully weighty and reminds one of the kind of faucets one might find in Buckingham Palace!
Keeping in mind the intended use of the faucet (it is primarily a drinking water faucet, though it can be used for most other purposes as well), the design is very well-judged because the high spout makes it easier for you to stick containers or your mouth near the mouth of the spout.
As you might have guessed already, the Whitehaus Forever Hot Kitchen Faucet is operated by a solitary lever located on the left-hand side of the faucet’s body. It is not burdened with acting as a lever for hot and cold temperature settings, as this faucet, as you might have guessed again, delivers hot water only.
While some may view this a downside of the faucet, we like to think of it like this: it is built for a single purpose, which reduces complexity, cost and increases durability.
The faucet does not come with multiple holes like most modern faucets do. Instead, it utilizes a big single hole for its spraying functions. This maintains the overall traditional theme of the faucet and also makes it easier to clean.
Installing the Whitehaus is a very easy task, as the faucet fits countertops with holes up to 2.5 inches in diameter. The Whitehaus does not ship with a deckplate or connection hoses so you will have to source those yourself (the former is optional while the latter is necessary).
While installing a faucet is a DIY job for some, the chances of a mess-up are high, so professional installation is strongly recommended.
What could have been better?
While we appreciate the traditional theme Whitehaus have gone for with the Forever Hot, we’re not sure if everyone will, because classic designs are not to everyone’s tastes.
Unfortunately, and this is no fault of Whitehaus, going for a niche theme means the product is bound to divide opinion, but since the Forever Hot has its fair share of criticizers, we’re afraid it’s biggest selling point is also its main weakness.
We can forgive Whitehaus for the design, but we believe that the aptly-named Forever Hot shouldn’t be… forever hot. One expects a regular faucet to supply both hot and cold water, so making a faucet specifically for one kind of temperature seems redundant.
- Beautiful traditional design
- The finish is top-class and looks amazing
- Operation and cleaning are simple
- Comes from a reputed brand
- The single-temperature operation might sour the deal
- The design might not be to everyone’s tastes
The Whitehaus Forever Hot Kitchen Faucet is a very good choice for those looking to buy one for hot water. It features a beautiful traditional design, the operation is simple, and the finish is top-class. It is one of the best faucets on the market today and we wholeheartedly recommend buying one.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touch Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- California Widespread Faucet with Cross Handles Review
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elements of Design Magellan EB758SP High Arch Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elkay Explore Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Dragon Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review