- TOUCH ON. TOUCH OFF. Messy hands? Touch anywhere on the kitchen spout with your wrist or forearm to start and stop the flow of water or use the single lever handle manually. Check your water...
Last updated on 2020-07-13 at 15:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Which modern homeowner doesn’t want their new modular kitchen to be the talk of the town?
But for the modern kitchen to be the point of conversation for any of your social gatherings, style and design are not the only things that matter.
Functionality and user experience are as important as the visual appeal for any kitchen renovation job. And the same goes for the touch kitchen faucets as well.
Touch faucets can more often than not become the heart of a kitchen space; so before investing in one, you got to keep in mind a lot of important aspects.
And if you’re wondering what the other aspects should be, then we have just the right guide for you today!
We will be going over some of the most crucial pointers that you should be aware of when going in for a touch faucet purchase along with some frequently asked questions.
So, sit back and read along.
Best Touch Faucet 2020
15.4 x 9.2 x 4.8 inches
15.2 x 11 x 1.2 inches
25.2 x 16.5 x 4.6 inches
Delta Faucet Leland Single-Handle Kitchen Faucet
- Installation is extremely easy as it is designed to fit a single-hole or 3-hole, 8 inches configurations
- Formidable construction with an entirely leak-proof design and finish
- Efficient anti-spatter system for mess-free cleaning
- High-tech and smart design to get the work done effortlessly in no time at all
- The position of the touch sensors on the faucet can make it go off unexpectedly when objects are near, such as while you’re cleaning the counter
Delta Essa Single-Handle Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Spectacular matte black design compliments any kitchen decor
- Highly sophisticated features ensure efficient cleaning
- Anti-leak, heavy-duty construction designed to last long
- Installing this can be a bit tricky due to the rubber gasket at the base
Brizo Vuelo Pullout Spray Single Handle Kitchen Faucet
- Sleek and modern design – perfect for modern kitchens
- Comes with an on-off light which indicated when batteries run low
- Water flow can be turned on with a simple tap
- Batteries tend to run out very quickly
- There have been complaints of the light indicator failing within a few months
Buying the right touch faucet for your needs
The Faucet Dimensions
When it comes to the dimensions of a touch faucet, it’s essential to consider how well it will fit the surrounding space and not awkwardly jut out. Hence, for the best fitting possible, keep in mind the following:
Make sure that the projection of the faucet, when in the neutral position, doesn’t allow the water to directly fall onto the drain so as to reduce excessive splashing and splattering.
Primarily, the majority of the faucet companies determine the height of the model as either the distance between the deck and the aerator or from the deck to the top of the faucet.
Hence, if your kitchen has a lot of low hanging racks, going for a faucet which has a swan neck design may not be the best choice. A straight sprout (though it may not have a lot of surface to it) would be the perfect pick under such circumstances.
Additionally, if you pick a tall faucet for a very small sink, then there would be a mismatch in functionality, leading to a lot of water splashing and splattering.
Sprout clearance affects the faucet’s functionality the most. It has a lot to do with the working area of the model which is determined by the space between the nozzle of the faucet and the rim of the sink.
For washing large utensils (preferably on a daily basis), it’s best to go for faucet models with a larger working area.
If you are in the search for a bit more flexibility, then try looking up models which have handles that only move in the forward direction. This will allow you to conveniently change the effective height of the faucet, and customize the sprout clearance according to your needs.
Reliable Faucet Technology
Unlike the more standard faucet models, touch faucets rely heavily on technology especially sensors and a convenient power supply. As it depends on the human body’s natural electricity or capacitance to function, there are a few features we believe that the touch faucet you buy must possess.
It should be sophisticated enough to be able to differentiate between a touch and a grab so that you will not have to worry about the faucet turning on and off if you’re changing your hold on it while rinsing and washing.
A/C power supply over battery
This aspect will rely more on your preferences than anything else. Touch faucets can come in both A/C powered and battery variants, and in our opinion the A/C model should be more convenient.
As AA batteries will need to be periodically changed, with the A/C power supply you can just plug and forget. Sure, you will have to pay a bit extra for the adapter, however, it’s well worth the money in the long run.
The Product Material
The manufacturing material or rather the finish of a particular faucet model directly affects not just its aesthetic appeal but functionality and durability as well.
However, it tends to get scratches very easily and are not as long lasting as some of the other base materials.
Nickel finish faucets are much more durable than the bronze versions but are not as visibly attractive. They have a dull sort of a shine to them, and that’s exactly why they are commonly referred to as brushed steel.
They hardly ever chip or get scratched but are quite prone to water and fingerprint marks.
Chrome is by far going to be your best and the most expensive choice. Out of all three, it’s the most durable and aesthetically pleasing finish and is also the easiest to keep clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am looking for a touch faucet for a kitchen sink at my restaurant. So what kind of model should I be looking for?
If your business is going well and have a large kitchen sink, then you can either go for a faucet with a tall neck or one with a front moving handle. That way you can clean those dishes and get them ready for work in no time.
Also, make sure that it is of a chrome finish so that it can withstand a lot of rough use.
How do I know if my sink has the right clearance for the faucet I want?
Each touch faucet model comes with its own specifications. Hence, just measure out the dimensions of the sink to determine if it meets the minimum recommended clearance, and you’re all set.
Picking the right touch faucet to go not just with your kitchen but also your sink can be an extremely challenging task indeed. But we hope that our guide today was able to help you out in finding exactly what you’re looking for.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- California Widespread Faucet with Cross Handles Review
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elements of Design Magellan EB758SP High Arch Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elkay Explore Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Swan Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Whitehaus Forever Hot One Handle Single Hole Hot Water Dispenser Kitchen Faucet