When it comes to modern day home and kitchen faucets, most of the popular models today are made specifically with design in mind.
They are not manufactured to be all that durable. But as they are conceived to be so very stylish, they often become the centerpiece of your home or any other living space.
But, with this very lack of durability, performance gets hampered in the long run. And you will have to replace or repair your expensive faucet every now and then.
And this is precisely where Magellan from Elements of Design steals the show.
Not only is this faucet incredibly stylish, but it has a fantastic long lasting build which allows it to provide optimal performance for years.
Elements of Design Faucets Reviews 2020: Why should you go for it?
As we’ve mentioned before, one of the most amazing features of the Magellan is how it seamlessly combines style and durability to provide homeowners with one of the best kitchen appliance tools in the market.
The Magellan is fabricated from solid brass material, thereby making it one of the most durable faucets out there today. Reliability is also another aspect that it excels in. And due to its premium color finish, not only is it able to resist tarnish but corrosion as well. Plus, it gives a long lasting performance that hardly decays over time.
In terms of accessibility and ease of installation, we found the Magellan to be quite convenient. It comes with a two handle deck mount along with a four-hole sink application that will help you to set it up either in an already existing installation space (if you’re replacing a faucet) or a new one.
The swivel spout also allows 360 degrees turning feature, along with a maximum pressure of 60 PSI. This will allow you to get rid of the toughest stains and residual food particles off your utensils, while the side spray opens up a vast category of applications and uses.
The polished steel look and metallic shine, along with the ABS side spray, gives the Magellan a certain visual appeal. This allows it to fit both modern and traditional kitchen spaces rather perfectly. The curved hooks and the structure design impart a certain unique aesthetic that helps it to become the centerpiece of any space you install it in.
All in all, the faucet can be a great conversation starter for all your social events. Its drip-free, washerless cartridge keeps the faucet very environment-friendly and helps it to save up on water use.
The “duraseal” valve prevents any form of accidental water spillage, and unlike other standard faucets, it will help you to save significantly on all your home water charges.
Not many faucet manufacturing companies provide their products with a substantial amount of warranty. They usually limit it to 3-5 years and will not always cover manufacturing or transporting defects.
Elements of Design provides the Magellan with a fantastic 10-year limited warranty to the consumers and covers areas such as manufacturing defects, design flaws, and accidental shipping damage.
What could have been better?
One of the major gripes that we have with this faucet model is with the sprayer. Sure, the Magellan’s sprayer may open up possibilities for a variety of applications and uses, but we felt that it wasn’t as well made as the rest of the faucet.
While the faucet is made of brass with a metallic polish, the sprayer in comparison feels like cheap plastic. It’s quite delicate and can break after repeated and rough use.
Moreover, we found the water pressure of the spray hose to be quite inadequate as well. Even after replacing the aerator for the model, we were not able to get a sufficient amount of force, and this can feel somewhat disappointing to a lot of users.
- Extremely durable build and design
- Easy to use and install
- Stylish modern design goes amazingly well with all types of kitchen
- Great warranty
- The sprayer is delicate and can get damaged easily
- The sprayer doesn’t provide enough water force
The Magellan faucet is just amazing when it comes to providing a kitchen with a stylish and durable appliance. And if a sprayer with low durability and water pressure is not all that much of a problem for you, then this faucet may just be what you’re looking for.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touch Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- California Widespread Faucet with Cross Handles Review
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elkay Explore Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Dragon Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Whitehaus Forever Hot One Handle Single Hole Hot Water Dispenser Kitchen Faucet