How? Well, when the faucet was invented, some smart-aleck made a killing out of selling good ones, and the market is full of such smart-alecks before you know it.
Except they’re smarter because most of them are selling you poor-quality stuff at a price to make the eyes water.
To prevent you from getting scammed, we’re featuring one of the best and most value-for-money faucets, the Elkay Explore.
Without further ado, let’s tell you why we like the faucet so much, and what could’ve been better and our verdict!
Elkay Faucets Reviews 2020: Why should you buy this product?
The Elkay Explore knows that dazzling its user at first glance makes all the difference.
That is why it comes in three beautiful finishes: Antique Steel, which is finished in a mature faded black and looks best in a classic-themed kitchen; Chrome, which is very shiny and belongs to a blingy kitchen; Lustrous Steel, which strikes a fine balance between shiny and understated.
All three finishes are of great quality and are not likely to fade, even when subjected to protracted use and abuse. Personally, our favorite is the Antique Steel finish, but you can’t go wrong no matter which finish you choose!
Solid brass is not prone to rust, which means that even after years upon years of use, the Explore will not look like it belongs in a haunted house. Moreover, solid brass is also beneficial for your health because unlike traditional materials like steel, solid brass does not “peel” off and mix with the water, thereby preventing damage to your health especially your skin.
Apart from the materials, all the protrusions and addendums to the Explore are well-fitted, and we are convinced when we say that the Explore is going to last long, despite the occasional ding-and-bang.
Next, we move on to the design of the Explore.
The Explore is designed in accordance with modern design trends. Starting with the spout, it is of uniform thickness throughout and follows the normal arc style.
The Explore utilizes a single lever for its operations, a thin stick-like lever mounted atop a bulbous base that strangely complements the overall minimalistic look of the Explore.
However, we’re not complaining, because this trend has led to a ton of innovations in almost every industry, and the Elkay Explore leads the charge of the faucet industry.
The Explore features a pull-down spray head that extends from the spout and makes cleaning and washing those hard-to-reach crevices a breeze. The spray head also features a pause button which prevents water from running unnecessarily. Apart from that, it features two other spray modes which are streaming and spraying.
Apart from the spray, the Explore features two aerators which can vary the flow rate of the Explore from 1.5 to 2.2 GPM. On top of that, all that water can be sprayed in any direction you like because the Explore features a 360-degree swivel range. This thing is loaded with features!
What could’ve been better?
While we like the design of the Explore, we find it hard to categorize it into any… well, style! Is it modern? Is it classic or traditional? While we do find ourselves leaning a bit towards the transitional-modern side, we’re not convinced it’s there yet.
This is a problem because kitchens and washrooms are usually designed with a theme in mind, and if the Elkay is a must in your kitchen, then you better pick the kitchen’s theme on the basis of the faucet and not the other way round!
- The hand-drawn sprayer is useful
- Two spray modes and a pause feature work well
- Finishes are beautiful and of top quality
- Faucet is built to last
- Two aerators are convenient
- Design is hard to categorize
- Arc style may not be to everyone’s tastes
The faucet market has become saturated, and choosing a great faucet has become harder than ever.
With this in mind, we’ve featured the Elkay Explore here because it is one of the best kitchen faucets on the market. It is well-made, beautifully designed and finished and has a ton of features. We highly recommend this product.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touch Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- California Widespread Faucet with Cross Handles Review
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elements of Design Magellan EB758SP High Arch Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Dragon Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Whitehaus Forever Hot One Handle Single Hole Hot Water Dispenser Kitchen Faucet