What would you do without a faucet?
Imagine that after you enjoy a sumptuous meal with your family, and now the dishes are dirty.
So, of course, you head to your kitchen to wash them, except there isn’t a faucet to draw water from!
I know, such an eventuality is highly unlikely in our modern times, but you know what isn’t unlikely? Having a lousy faucet, one which leaks, rusts, sputters and eventually floods your kitchen.
I would rather have no faucet at all.
So, if you fancy getting a great faucet over a bad faucet, why not try a faucet by Blanco?
The product we’re featuring today, the Blanco Meridian is an excellent option if you’re planning a kitchen faucet upgrade. Before we tell you why, here are some of its features.
Blanco Faucets Review 2020: Features
- Comes in a high-arc design with a protector coil and two finishes
- Features a ceramic disc cartridge
- Solid brass construction
- Spray head pulls down and features two spray modes
- The flow rate is a claimed 2.2 gallons per minute
Why do we love the Blanco Meridian?
Here’s why the Meridian is such a good faucet.
Well, that’s true, because the Meridian’s slender body and its modern high-arc design are all modern fare, but the protector coil is old-school industrial, meaning this faucet gives off a pretty-yet-tough vibe, with the horizontal crossbar only adding to that.
Many of the design elements on the Meridian aren’t entirely for show or durability either; some of them are very useful and well-judged.
The single-handle design looks gorgeous, and the spray mode selector on the spray head does not detract from the Meridian’s beautiful lines at all. We particularly love the defined bottom section of the faucet.
All-in-all, while the slightly industrial design may not be for everyone, we’re big fans of it (especially when it’s all functional), and we believe the Meridian is a gorgeous faucet.
Fit and finish
The quality of the fit and finish on the Meridian is top-class.
First, let’s start with the fit. The Meridian does not sport much for a single operating handle and a head with switchable spray modes, so there isn’t much to fall off. However, you’d be surprised at how many faucets get the basics wrong, though the Meridian isn’t one of them.
Adding to the sturdiness are the protector coil and the crossbar, so this faucet will not break for a long, long time.
Coming to the finish, it is available in two colors, satin nickel and chrome, and both of them look the part. During our time, the finish didn’t chip, crack, rust or tarnish and kept on looking amazing!
Operating the Blanco Meridian is an absolute pleasure.
It sports a ceramic disc cartridge, so operation is smooth and easy. Adding to the smoothness is the presence of switchable spray modes, which lets you switch from a gentle aerated stream to a powerful spray, unleashing the full force of the 2.2 GPM flow rate!
The handle is easy to grab and grip, and if you twist it all the way, you’ll find that, despite the high flow rate, there is little backsplash (though this varies from countertop to countertop), which is a massive plus for the Meridian.
Unfortunately, this is where the review will cause a few pitchforks to be raised, but bear with us.
We concede that the Blanco Meridian is very spartan in its approach towards real innovative or top-shelf features, but it does tick the essential boxes.
Pull-down spray? Check. Switchable spray modes? Check. Ceramic disc valve? Check.
Your current faucet probably doesn’t boast these features, and the Meridian’s execution of incorporating these features is second to none.
- Has an incredibly high flow rate of 2.2 gallons per minute
- Ceramic disc cartridge and switchable spray modes make for smooth operation
- Designed to outlast your kitchen with its hose protector and crossbar
- Fit and finish are top-class
- The feature list isn’t something to write home about
- High flow rate means water consumption is also high
The Blanco Meridian is a beautiful faucet that anyone would be proud to have in their kitchen. It is durable, looks good, performs well and reasonably priced.
While it does lack real features, the ones that it comes with are very well incorporated.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touch Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- California Widespread Faucet with Cross Handles Review
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elements of Design Magellan EB758SP High Arch Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elkay Explore Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Dragon Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Whitehaus Forever Hot One Handle Single Hole Hot Water Dispenser Kitchen Faucet