Can’t quite put your finger on the perfect faucet for your kitchen?
Do even the best faucets today feel a little… standard for you?
Do you know why we adore medieval architecture and design? Because the emphasis wasn’t on comfort, but on making the structure as grandiose as possible.
Well, thankfully, as consumerism has risen, so has the demand for custom-made products, and that is where the California kitchen faucet comes into play. It is convenient and does not trade grandiosity off in the process.
Unlike the standardized faucets available on the market today, each California faucet is custom-made to suit your requirements.
However, the customized nature of California faucets does not imply that quality is compromised, nor do they scrimp on quality, but more on that later.
Moreover, to add to the “oddball” nature of the faucet (that’s a good thing here, who wants to fit in?), it comes in a “widespread” configuration, meaning it looks different than the sleek but dull minimalistic faucets of today.
So, why settle for what everybody else wants when you can get what you want?
But first, let’s take you through California’s features.
California Faucets Reviews 2020
- Comes in a “widespread” style with the handles sitting on their platforms
- The spout reaches to six inches (center-to-center)
- Comes with two brass handles in a cross-style
- Available in 30 finishes, of which 15 are available as PVD finishes
- Made of high-quality solid brass
- Features ¼ turn state-of-the-art ceramic disc valve cartridges
- The flexible hoses are braided to ensure leak-free performance
- Sports 1-¼ inch brass touch-style pop-up drain assembly
- Each faucet is a brilliant example of top-class craftsmanship
- The maximum flow rate is rated at 1.2 gallons-per-minute
- Quality controls meet or exceed all the relevant government requirements
Now, let’s get to the actual review itself.
What we like about the California faucet
We fitted the California faucet in our kitchen and used it for quite a while, and we’re happy to report that there is a lot to like about this faucet. Here are what we like about it:
From admiring the smooth curve of the arc to the finish of those cross-style handles, California Widespread will surely be a perfect companion to your designer kitchen.
In many ways, California Widespread is the best of the handbuilt and mechanized worlds. It looks as good as a handbuilt product and has the quality of a machine-made item, and speaking of quality…
Don’t let California’s crafted nature fool you into thinking it’ll come loose into your hand on the first use.
Far from it, the quality of California Widespread is right up there with some of the best faucets we’ve reviewed.
Can we tell that the faucet is maybe not quite as refined as the other faucets? Perhaps, perhaps not, because you’d have to be a first-rate nitpicker to know the difference!
California’s operation is incredibly smooth and using it is a pleasure.
Perhaps that’s down to the ceramic disc valve cartridge which powers the faucet. Don’t know what that means? Basically, that means that California utilizes state-of-the-art technology to handle the splashy (or not) side of operations!
Further, we believe the braided hoses will ensure operation remains smooth and leak-free, as braided hoses are much tougher than standard hoses.
Also, the maximum flow rate of 1.2 gallons-per-minute is just about adequate, meaning it does not splash much and does not consume much water.
Installing the faucet is slightly tackier than installing other faucets, because the handles are separate from the spout, meaning you’ll have to do some extra routing to get the faucet to work.
However, the braided hoses we mentioned earlier, apart from being great for reliability, are also great for installation because you can handle them in pretty much any way you want, knowing that they won’t crack or leak.
- Crafted rather than assembled
- Fit and finish are of the highest grade
- Way too many options to choose from
- Sculpted spout and designer handles look elegant
- Ceramic cartridge offers smooth and leak-free operation
- Complies with all relevant government requirements
- Design barely makes up for lack of features
- Flow rate could’ve been higher
While California Widespread isn’t a very feature-laden faucet, it is worth considering. It is different when compared to the rest of the field, and it looks gorgeous without sacrificing quality. It’ll be a great addition to your designer kitchen.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen faucets as well as reviews of various types of faucets before you proceed with your purchase:
- Best 2 Handle Kitchen Faucets 2020
- Best Single Lever Kitchen Faucet 2020
- Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touch Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
- Touchless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020
You should also check out our individual reviews of kitchen faucets:
- American Standard Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – A Thoroughbred American Company
- AquaSource Chrome 2-Handle Widespread WaterSense Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Best Delta Kitchen Faucet 2020 – Intelligent and Innovative Designs
- Best Kohler Kitchen Faucet 2020 – The Company With Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Best Moen Kitchen Faucet 2020 – A Key Player In The Faucets Industry
- Blanco Meridian Semi Professional Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Brizo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Innovation for the Masses
- Comllen High Arch Brushed Nickel Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet Review
- Danze Faucet Reviews 2020 – When Beautiful Design Meets Functionality
- Derengge Single Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Dyconn Archipelago Modern Single Handle Pull Out Dual Spray Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elements of Design Magellan EB758SP High Arch Kitchen Faucet Review
- Elkay Explore Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Franke Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ensuring Total Cleanliness and Absolute Satisfaction
- FREUER Drammatico Pull Out Spray Kitchen Sink Faucet Review
- Friho Lead-Free High Arch Single Handle Two Spouts Kitchen Sink Faucet
- Giagni Pompa Stainless Steel 1-Handle Pull-Down Kitchen Faucet Review
- Glacier Bay Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – Backed By The World’s Largest Home Improvement Retailer
- Graff Sento Single Hole Bathroom Faucet Review
- Grohe Kitchen Faucets Reviews 2020 – The German Industry Leader
- Hansgrohe Faucet Reviews 2020 – Ceaseless Innovation and Improvement
- Hotis High Arch Single Handle Stainless Steel Pull Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Huntington Brass 2-Handle Deck-Mount Roman Tub Faucet Review
- IKEA LUNDSKAR Wash-basin Mixer Tap Review
- Kingston Brass Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – The Master of Brass
- Kraus Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Excellent Blend of Minimalist and Modern Elements
- KWC Faucets SIN Pull Down Kitchen Faucet
- Mirabelle Provincetown Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Miseno MNO641BN Elysa-V Widespread Bathroom Faucet Review
- Newport Brass Jacobean Kitchen Faucet Review
- Peerless Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Simple, Durable and Aesthetic
- Pfister Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Technological Leader of Faucets
- Premier Faucet Sanibel Lead Free Single Handle Lavatory Faucet
- Project Source Chrome 2-Handle Low-Arc Kitchen Faucet Review
- Riobel CY101C Cayo Kitchen Faucet Review
- Rohl Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Designs with Impeccable Straight Lines and Gentle Curves
- Rozin Antique Brass Dragon Style Bathroom Sink Faucet Review
- Symmons Duro Two-Handle Centerset Bathroom Faucet Review
- VCCUCINE Solid Brass Single Lever High Arch 2 Spouts Pull Out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet
- Vigo Kitchen Faucet Reviews 2020 – Cutting Edge Design With Workmanlike Aesthetic
- Waterstone 5500-CH Annapolis Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Review
- Whitehaus Forever Hot One Handle Single Hole Hot Water Dispenser Kitchen Faucet