A bath enclosure greatly influences the overall look, feel, and utility of any bathroom.
Have you ever walked into the bathroom and been mesmerized? If yes, then chances are it is because of an elegant and user-friendly bath enclosure.
In a time where concept and designer baths are gaining prominence, it makes sense for you to pay attention to the several components that make up a bath enclosure.
Whether you are buying a new house or renovating an existing one, you could probably use some help in selecting the best products. After all, who wants to go through hundreds of products from various reputed brands, right?
We have shortlisted two Delta products that you would likely want to install in your bathroom.
Without further ado, let’s get to the reviews.
Delta Shower Door Reviews 2020: Trinsic Handle Bronze Track SD3172319
The first product we want to recommend is the SD3172319 Shower Door from Delta. You can choose from four patterns – rain, clear, transition and Niebla; two handle patterns – Trinsic and Windermere; and three track colors – bronze, chrome, and nickel.
Why buy this product?
For the most part, bathtubs are overrated and outdated, and they require (or we should say waste) much more water than any standard walk-in shower. So, if you are planning to install a walk-in shower, you need to have shower doors too. And these shower doors from Delta are some of the best you can find out there.
We placed an order for this shower door after reading overall positive reviews. Also, its affordable price was a significant positive! It arrived a few days later on our doorstep. The package is massive, and we recommend that you do not handle it all by yourself.
Having said that, we especially liked how easy installing this shower door was! With average-level DIY skills, you should face no problems installing it in your bathroom. The credit for that goes to the included installation videos and step-by-step illustrated instructions. However, we still recommend that you hire a professional to install these doors to be on the safer side.
Once installed, these doors look absolutely fantastic. One of the win-win aspects of these doors is the trademark Delta Spot Guard which allows the glass panels to resist hard water stains. Cleaning these doors will never be much of a hassle!
The door handles can easily be used to hang towels, and the glass pattern gives these doors an elegant look. You will appreciate the fact that these doors look and feel much more expensive than they are.
What could’ve been better?
The roller brackets have three positions for the movement of the roller wheels – low, middle, and top. You need to use one of these positions to roll the wheels and adjust the square of the door to align it with the frame. The middle and top positions were excellent, but we observed that the low position leads to the bracket rubbing against the door.
- It comes at an affordable price
- It looks elegant and stylish
- It can be installed easily
- It features Spot Guard, which resists hard water stains
- The door handles can be used as towel holders
- The roller bracket has a faulty low position
Delta Shower Base Review 2020: ProCrylic Right-Drain Shower Base
A shower base lays the foundation for the entire bath enclosure in the bathroom. The ProCrylic Shower Base is available in four size options and three drain orientations. We got the 60 x 32 Right-Drain as it was ideal for our bathroom size. And we must say, for the price you pay for it, it makes an excellent buy.
Why buy this product?
The first and perhaps most universally applicable highlight of this base from Delta is the affordable price tag on it. It is an excellent bargain for people who do not wish to spend a fortune on a bathroom.
Installing the ProCrylic base was not difficult. The Maintenance and Installation Sheet contains all the information you would need to get the job done. Even if you are not confident about installing it yourself and want to hire a professional to do it for you, they would not find it to be a cumbersome process.
The ProCrylic base has a high-gloss white color in an acrylic finish. It doesn’t get much more elegant than that. It is designed in a minimalist style to lend a refined and sleek feel to your bathroom. To cut a long story short, it will go well with all kinds of themes, whether conventional or modern.
This shower base ticks all the correct boxes on the cleaning and maintenance checklist. As long as you do not stray away from the information in the Care Instructions sheet, you should face absolutely no problem maintaining this shower base in top-notch condition. The only mantra to be followed is “avoid using abrasive cleaners and tools.”
To sum up, we can say that it is an excellent product for homeowners who do not want to spend a lot of money nor compromise on quality. We recommend this shower base for small bathrooms where the bath enclosure has a minimalist design.
What could’ve been better?
Although our overall experience using the ProCrylic shower base from Delta Faucet has been positive, we observed one downside that is worth mentioning, and that is its durability. The material is not as rigid as we would have liked – it is thin acrylic.
It is supported by a permanently attached foam base to make it sturdier, but that will only do so much in the long run…
- It features an all-white, high gloss finish
- It is reasonably straightforward to install, thanks to the detailed, easy-to-follow instructions
- A 10-year limited warranty backs it
- Cleaning and maintaining it is no hassle at all
- It comes at an affordable price, offering great value for money
- It is not as durable as we would have liked
The right bath enclosure can uplift and enhance your bathroom by leaps and bounds, and these two Delta products are great options, both individually and together. You can rest assured that they will take your bath enclosure to the next level!
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for shower kits before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- American Bath Factory Shower Kit Reviews 2020
- Americh S4236DT-WH Shower Base with Square Drain Review
- Aston Langham Completely Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door Review
- Dreamline Shower Reviews 2020
- Fleurco Gemini Bypass Plus 60 In-Line Frameless Sliding Shower Door Review
- Jetcoat Shower Wall System Reviews 2020
- KBRS Shower Base Reviews 2020
- Kohler Choreograph Reviews 2020 – Dance Elegantly In A Shower
- Kohler Shower Door & Base Reviews
- Maax Shower Reviews 2020
- Mustee 3232M Durabase Fiberglass Shower Base Review
- Ove Decors Breeze 31 Shower Kit Paris Glass with Walls and Base Review
- Schluter Systems Reviews 2020
- Sterling Shower Reviews 2020
- Swanstone Shower Reviews 2020
- Transolid RBE6026-91 Solid Surface Tub/Shower Wall Kit Review
- USG Durock Center Drain Shower Kit Review
- VIGO Elan Sliding Frameless Shower Door Review
- Wedi Riolito Neo Modular Shower System Review 2020