Shower doors are amazing at bringing an element of sophistication to your showering space.
The modern-day doors are designed minimalistically with a lot of care and detail going behind their craftsmanship.
But looks are not the only thing that you should look for in a shower door.
Functionality, ease of use, and versatility are some of the features which we feel should be given as much importance as design.
And there is no other shower door manufacturing brand that we know of which balances all of these better than Basco.
With over 60 years in the field, their latest in-line, Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Shower Door is an incredible product to behold.
We just love how it sits perfectly in most modern bathroom showers, hardly taking up much space, and can often be the topic of conversation whenever you have some friends over.
So what are the things which make us go gaga over this shower door? Let’s find out.
Basco Shower Door Reviews 2020: What makes it so amazing?
The Basco reliability and innovation
The classic semi-frameless door comes with a signature heavy-cut glass, framed with exceptional detail, and given a luxurious touch.
“Commitment to quality” is what they’re praised for the most, and that’s precisely why they are one of the most popular shower enclosure manufacturers in the nation.
The door comes with added shine and protection
Durability is one of the aspects in which we don’t find many shower manufacturers lay much stress on.
They often go for either looks and function, leaving damage resistance and long-lasting features behind.
But Basco doesn’t do that with this shower door.
They have equipped the glass with an ultra-protective coating, which is treated with AquaGlideXP.
Apart from increasing the sheen and luster of the glass, this coat helps to repel water and prevent watermarks. It also helps to minimize spotting on the glass, soap scrub formations as well as mineral deposits.
The glass is designed with safety-tempered sheets as well. It keeps the door incredibly durable and up to 5 times stronger than ordinary glass panels.
To protect the door from corrosion and fading, the model is provided with a metal finish that preserves its shine and luster.
And as the finish comes in different colors, you can customize the design of the door to match your bathroom.
Easy to use
We found the sliding mechanism of the Basco shower door to be one of the smoothest on the market.
From providing seamless access to the tub to giving you that much-needed privacy during shower time, this door offers a lot.
It sits quite flush with the edges of the enclosure even when it’s open. This saves up a lot of space and makes the door just perfect for those bathrooms which do not offer much room to move about.
There is a pull handle located inside the panels as well which will allow you to have easy access to the doors even when showering.
Another aspect of the sliding feature which we adore is the Bosco Sta-Kleen track. It’s a gently sloped pathway on which the door is placed, which has the amazing ability of preventing dirt buildup to help minimize water leakage.
What could have been better?
Well, when it comes to the cons, we would just like to say that the Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Shower Door is not the easiest to install.
When trying to put it up for ourselves, we realized that there is a decent amount of DIY skills required to complete the installation.
So, you may have trouble putting up some of the parts and need to rely on professional help in the end.
- Easy to use shower door model, comes with a lot of convenient features
- Will last you a very long time as it is corrosion-resistant and durable
- The smooth metal finish comes in different colors which allow high customizability
- Not all that easy to install and might require professional aid
Every bathroom remodeling job needs the perfect shower door to complete the look, and what better way to enhance the beauty of your showering space, than a door that boasts both design and utility?
The Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Shower Door is one of the most versatile shower enclosure products in the market, and we are sure that it will be able to help you with all of your bathroom remodeling needs as well.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for shower kits before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- American Bath Factory Shower Kit Reviews 2020
- Americh S4236DT-WH Shower Base with Square Drain Review
- Aston Langham Completely Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- Delta Shower Door & Base Reviews 2020
- Dreamline Shower Reviews 2020
- Fleurco Gemini Bypass Plus 60 In-Line Frameless Sliding Shower Door Review
- Jetcoat Shower Wall System Reviews 2020
- KBRS Shower Base Reviews 2020
- Kohler Choreograph Reviews 2020 – Dance Elegantly In A Shower
- Kohler Shower Door & Base Reviews
- Maax Shower Reviews 2020
- Mustee 3232M Durabase Fiberglass Shower Base Review
- Ove Decors Breeze 31 Shower Kit Paris Glass with Walls and Base Review
- Schluter Systems Reviews 2020
- Sterling Shower Reviews 2020
- Swanstone Shower Reviews 2020
- Transolid RBE6026-91 Solid Surface Tub/Shower Wall Kit Review
- USG Durock Center Drain Shower Kit Review
- VIGO Elan Sliding Frameless Shower Door Review
- Wedi Riolito Neo Modular Shower System Review 2020