No bathroom renovation job is easy, especially when you’re looking to make the perfect shower of your dreams.
When I was remodeling my showering area a few days ago, faucets were not my only source of concern.
I had to pick out the best drains that would suit the modernistic appeal of the space, along with the waterproofing membrane and cabinet niches to go with the rest of the design.
But with so many shower drains out in the market today, I honestly had a tough time picking the one which suited my requirements the best.
However, my dilemma soon ended when I came across KBRS Tile-Basin’s base center drain set, and I instantly fell in love with it.
It went perfectly with my bathroom, and in my review today, I will be talking to you about my experiences with it and why I recommend it so very highly.
KBRS Reviews 2020: What makes the Tile-Basin Tile Shower Base Center Drain the right choice?
KBRS Tile-Basin’s ready to tile shower base center drain comes with a 5″ patented “Perimeter Flange” feature with a single curb design, which will help to keep your showering area leak-proof for long.
One major problem that I usually face with the more standard shower drain tiles is that they start to leak and giveaway after just a few years of use.
This patented technology from KBRS Tile-Basin helps to keep the shower base running in its optimal condition for much longer.
If there are no leaks, then there are no risks of mold, mildew, or even a cracking grout/tile failure, which are commonly caused by mortar-built shower pans.
Easy to Install
Where most shower tiles will force you to hire professional aid to install them in your showering area, this ready to install drain model will not.
It’s incredibly easy to set up, and I was able to get it up and running all by myself in just under 30 minutes of time.
As it’s pre-sloped, I did not face any angling issues, and the collected water automatically traveled to the mouth of the drain without creating a risk of flooding or water stagnation.
No Staining, No Mold
The Tile-Basin center drain is a set of KBRS tiles, which means that they are made out of a non-porous material. This helps to reduce the chances of a leak and prevent the formation of mold and mildew.
Staining is also an issue that I periodically faced with my previous shower tiles. Water would usually accumulate near the corners and cause a lot of ugly water stains, which I have to take the time out to scrub clean.
I was relieved to find that there’s no such issue cropping up now thanks to this drain set.
Offers a lot of customizable options
Apart from the leak-proof and non-porous nature of these tiles, what I loved the most about it was the fact that I could modify the set in whichever way I want.
It comes customized and ready to receive modified thin-sets or any other form of decorative tile that I see fit.
And as it requires no form of messy epoxy adhesives, customizing the way my showering area looks has never been easier.
I can design my bathroom space in whichever way I want, from giving it a funky to a minimalist modern appeal.
What could have been better?
Though installing the tiles as well as centering the drain is easy, I cannot say the same for the waterproofing membrane.
When I tried to put up the waterproofing membrane on the tiles, it took me a long time to do it.
The process is a bit complicated, and I had to redo some of the steps from time to time to get it perfectly right.
Even then certain parts of the membrane did come loose, but that is easily fixable and not exactly a deal-breaker.
- Easy to install set of tiles that come pre-angled
- Leak-proof nature which minimizes the risk of mold and mildew
- The set can be customized in whichever way you want
- Durable and long-lasting design, made of a non-porous material
- The waterproofing membrane is hard to put up
If you’re looking to renovate your showering space and provide it with a sophisticated look, then the set from KBRS Tile-Basin might be a perfect choice.
From boasting a leak-proof design to having amazing customizable features, this drain set can be the ideal pick for your bathroom.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for shower kits before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- American Bath Factory Shower Kit Reviews 2020
- Americh S4236DT-WH Shower Base with Square Drain Review
- Aston Langham Completely Frameless Sliding Shower Door
- Basco Classic Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door Review
- Delta Shower Door & Base Reviews 2020
- Dreamline Shower Reviews 2020
- Fleurco Gemini Bypass Plus 60 In-Line Frameless Sliding Shower Door Review
- Jetcoat Shower Wall System Reviews 2020
- Kohler Choreograph Reviews 2020 – Dance Elegantly In A Shower
- Kohler Shower Door & Base Reviews
- Maax Shower Reviews 2020
- Mustee 3232M Durabase Fiberglass Shower Base Review
- Ove Decors Breeze 31 Shower Kit Paris Glass with Walls and Base Review
- Schluter Systems Reviews 2020
- Sterling Shower Reviews 2020
- Swanstone Shower Reviews 2020
- Transolid RBE6026-91 Solid Surface Tub/Shower Wall Kit Review
- USG Durock Center Drain Shower Kit Review
- VIGO Elan Sliding Frameless Shower Door Review
- Wedi Riolito Neo Modular Shower System Review 2020