Global has never failed to bring quality and functionality with a definite element of class and elegance in design.
Something that has never failed to amaze us when it came to Global is how effortlessly it produced some of the most spectacular pieces of culinary tools.
Not only did they resolve tedious kitchen jobs within the blink of an eye but they also single-handedly rule the kitchen decor scenario.
The GF-35 from Global is a masterpiece of a knife from the brand that seems to be done to perfection using nothing but the best resources in “knife” technology.
And if you’re keen to know about how exactly it swishes through whatever you place before it, I’d really love to tell you a thing or two about its performance.
And here’s everything that makes Global GF-35 what it really is!
Global Chef Knife Review 2020: Why buy this product?
The Global GF-35 is hands down a spectacular knife that performs just as stunning as it looks. The knife is about 18 inches long with the blade measuring approximately 12 inches. The quality of the product is undoubtedly exceptional, even performance-wise. And here are all the things that I really liked about it.
The Global GF-35 is made and designed in Japan using the exceptionally formidable CROMOVA 18 stainless steel. This is one of the highest grades of stainless steel that you can get in the market!
Furthermore, the knife is ice-tempered and hardened to retain the unbelievable sharpness of its edge longer than most other knives out there.
The material of the knife makes it resistant to rust, corrosion, or stains caused by unpleasant reactions.
And you can rest assured that it won’t chip, break or even scratch under any circumstances whatsoever.
This I can say as one who has, sadly enough, dropped the knife a couple of times and still had been lucky enough to be able to cut some good meat effortlessly with it!
The first time I had held the knife, I lost my heart completely to its design. The look and feel of the thing is exquisite, to say the least, and I was compelled to try it as soon as I could.
The knife is designed using superior technology, ensuring nothing short of the best in performance for you. The 12-inch blade is ice-tempered to allow it to provide hairsplitting sharpness in all of its cuts.
But what appeals to me the most is the design of this knife’s handle, which is absolutely unique and rare to come across.
The knife is actually carved singularly from metal, so it doesn’t require any additional plastic or wooden handle to provide you with an easy grip. Instead, the handle is hollow and filled with sand to maintain just the ideal balance while cutting.
The handle is also dimpled to provide you with a non-slip grip. This makes it easier for you to maneuver the knife during use and also ensures that it is secure, comfortable, and easy to hold.
With all the things that I mentioned about Global GF-35, it should come as no surprise that the knife performs incredibly well.
It can easily cut through tough meat, joints, and tendons. The sharpness of the knife ensures mess-free, clean cuts each time with only the minimum effort required on your part.
It is, overall, a great knife to add to your kitchen collection, owing to the beautiful, versatile design that makes it ideal for all sorts of cutting purposes.
What could have been better?
Right off the bat, I’m just gonna say that the price of this knife is a total bummer. It is quite expensive and more so because the price tag really is an awful lot to pay for a single knife. I wish it was a tad bit more affordable, so as to make it feasible for a broader public to buy.
The second issue with the knife is that it is pretty heavy, especially because of the metal and sand combination it brings with itself. This may put a bit of pressure on your fingers, more so as it is all metal.
Also, the blade doesn’t have much curvature to it. This makes it difficult for you to “rock” it from tip to heel.
- Incredibly sharp, ice-tempered edge that delivers clean cuts every single time
- Formidable CROMOVA 18 stainless steel body ensures significant durability
- Entirely resistant to rust, corrosion, stains and any sort of external shocks
- Retains its edge for a substantially long duration of time
- Unique handle design provides correct balance while cutting
- Pretty expensive for a single knife
- Very heavy
And with that, we come to the very end of this extensive review of the Global GF-35. I hope this was a useful read to you all.
Buying cutlery could be a hassle, and it is always advisable to do a bit of research before you decide on something in particular.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen knives before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- Best Henckels Knife Set 2020
- Best Wusthof Knife Set 2020
- Boning Knife Reviews 2020
- Bubba Electric Fillet Knife Reviews 2020
- Calphalon 15 Piece Knife Set Review 2020
- Chicago Cutlery Knives Review 2020
- Cuisinart Knife Set Reviews 2020
- Cutco Knives Reviews 2020 – The Finest Quality for The Finest Dining Experience
- Dalstrong Knives Review 2020
- Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews 2020
- Emeril Forged Knife Block Set Reviews 2020
- Kamikoto Knife Reviews 2020 – Perfect Blend of Cutting Prowess and Aesthetic Beauty
- KitchenAid Knife Set Reviews 2020
- Kyocera KB5PCSET-FKWHRD Revolution Ceramic Knives Review
- Laguiole Set of 8 Steak Knives Forged Steel Blades Review
- Oneida Pro Series 14-Piece Side Tang Knife Block Set Review
- Victorinox Knife Set Review 2020