It’s not every day that one can come across a set of knives which boasts both aesthetic appeal and utility.
However, KitchenAid is one such cutlery manufacturer that tries to balance the best of both worlds, to fit the needs of each and every one of their customer demands.
And today in my review, I would like to talk about their amazing 11 piece knife set which has been taking over the cutlery scene by storm.
It was only a week ago that I opted for this model, and in my review, I will be going over why I absolutely fell in love with it in such a short period.
KitchenAid Knives Review 2020
KKFMA11SR Professional Series 11 Piece Cutlery Set
The main reason why I went for this Professional series knife block set to begin with was because of its aesthetic appeal, to be honest.
I felt that it would go really well with the rest of KitchenAid appliances in my kitchen, and well, it actually did.
The zinc wedge block itself is worthy of praise, as it looks and feels just spectacular on the countertop, with the ability to complement any modern kitchen decor.
Why do I recommend this knife block?
Though the incredible design may be the primary reason why I invested in this knife block, what truly impressed me about it was the features and performance that it was capable of.
So let me tell you a bit about them.
The grip of each of the knives in this set is made out of “highly pressurized non-porous fiberglass.”
This keeps the handle long-lasting as well as highly resistant to wear and damage, which can be a result of repeated rough usage.
Flexible and high-quality blade
Being a kitchen cutlery fanatic myself, I know an exceptional knife blade when I see one, and this block set contains some of the very best.
The blades of the knives are ice-tempered and hardened to provide the user with some of the best culinary experiences. The edge to edge reinforcement of the blades makes it incredibly sharp, to say the least, and will allow them to go through thick celery and tough meat without much effort.
The ice-hardened process that goes behind the blades’ design makes it much safer to use by significantly minimizing the risk of breakage and splintering.
The polished steel rivets that adorn the gripping area of the handles helps to keep these knives easy to grip and use.
It also strengthens the fit over the blade and keeps the gripping area purposely large to provide a better knuckle clearance as well as a much more balanced grip.
It allows the center of gravity to lie at the border where the blade meets the handle, so you do not need to have expert cutting skills to make good use of the knives.
This is also what makes this set perfect for amateur chefs.
Stays Sharp for Long
Knives are the most used kitchen appliance in any household. So, it’s not surprising why the standard models start to get dull around the edges faster.
However, this KitchenAid block set comes with a #600 Diamond Grit that sharpens and helps clean away microscopic metal shavings. This enhances the performance of the blade and keeps it clean for a very long time.
What could have been better?
The gripe that not just me but a lot of the KitchenAid customers have about this product is with the quality of the Paring Knife as well as its balance.
Moreover, the handle of the Paring Knife could have been better. The knuckle clearance is not all that convenient on it, and it feels a bit rough in the palms when held tightly.
- Each of the knives boasts a durable blade and a durable handle.
- Elegantly designed to complement any modern kitchen setting.
- Most of the knives are perfectly balanced and can fit the needs of both amateurs and professionals.
- The balance of the Paring Knife is a bit off.
- The handle of the Paring Knife could have been better.
KKFTR8SLWM Professional Series 8″ Slicer Knife
After talking about the knife block set in general, let me just take a moment to mention the 8″ Slicer Knife, and why it’s my absolute favorite in the set.
If you are a meat person and looking for a great meat slicing cutlery, then this knife is a must-have in your kitchen.
Why do I recommend it?
When it comes to carving roasts, turkey, ham, or cooked meat into precise slices and portions, I am yet to come across a knife that performs as beautifully as this one.
I found the long and thin blade to promote maximum contact and help the user to get very thin slices on any form of meat.
Additionally, this slicer can also be used for chopping, mincing, and even slicing vegetables, which I don’t believe many of the standard slicer models are capable of.
However, as much as I love this slicer, my wife abhors it. She finds the serration on the edges to be less than optimal, and I have actually seen her struggle to cut things like carrot and radish.
Guess this knife isn’t exactly for everyone.
- Perfect for slicing and carving meat
- Easy to hold because of the steel rivets
- Is perfectly balanced for a variety of jobs
- Some might find its serration to be lacking
KitchenAid is just amazing when it comes to catering to a variety of user needs and demands. They manufacture some of the most attractive set of knives in the current market, with amazing utility and quality to boast.
These knives are indeed a must-have for any modern-day kitchen.
Can’t make up your mind yet? Read our buying guide for kitchen knives before you proceed with your purchase.
You should also check out our reviews of other models:
- Best Henckels Knife Set 2020
- Best Wusthof Knife Set 2020
- Boning Knife Reviews 2020
- Bubba Electric Fillet Knife Reviews 2020
- Calphalon 15 Piece Knife Set Review 2020
- Chicago Cutlery Knives Review 2020
- Cuisinart Knife Set Reviews 2020
- Cutco Knives Reviews 2020 – The Finest Quality for The Finest Dining Experience
- Dalstrong Knives Review 2020
- Electric Knife Sharpener Reviews 2020
- Emeril Forged Knife Block Set Reviews 2020
- Global GF-35 Heavyweight Chef’s Knife Review
- Kamikoto Knife Reviews 2020 – Perfect Blend of Cutting Prowess and Aesthetic Beauty
- Kyocera KB5PCSET-FKWHRD Revolution Ceramic Knives Review
- Laguiole Set of 8 Steak Knives Forged Steel Blades Review
- Oneida Pro Series 14-Piece Side Tang Knife Block Set Review
- Shun Premier Chef’s Knife Review
- Victorinox Knife Set Review 2020