First things first, let us tell you that the Franke Orca isn’t the type of average stainless steel sink you usually come across. Sure, they cost much cheaper, but they are a few serious issues associated with them that make them a much less appealing option despite their tempting price tag.
However, if you want the flexibility, ease of use and attractiveness (that lasts, unlike many cheap stainless steel sinks) without the durability or functionality issues, then the Orca can make a great choice.
The Franke Orca is designed in a way that makes it super functional. It comes in the Franke Integral Ledge System, which is basically something that allows you to put a shelf grid on it.
This enhances the sink’s capability to a great extent and makes it something not much short of an ergonomic workstation. If you decide to use it by getting a full bottom rack, you would be able to soak a full-size skillet or even a large baking pan on it easily.
Apart from that, the bottom rack will also protect the sink from getting scratched, which can otherwise be something unavoidable for pretty much any stainless steel sink out there.
Sound Dampening Pads
Besides the scratches, another very common issue with steel sinks is the noise they produce when being used. This can obviously make the usual cleaning annoying, especially if you need to wash a lot of utensils every day.
However, the Orca comes with sound dampening pads that work great in ensuring a quiet working experience. There would be very little noise when running water through the sink or using a waste disposal, which can otherwise create a lot of noise in the absence of any such padding.
While the finish isn’t something we consider as a very important factor for a kitchen sink, the Franke Orca’s superior quality finish deserves a mention.
It sports a premium finish that makes it look very shiny and attractive. There’s little doubt that it would get the attention of everyone that sets their foot in your kitchen while giving your kitchen a more modern look and feel.
Stainless steel sinks aren’t really known for their durability. However, if you’re willing to pay a bit more than what the average steel sink demands and go with the Orca, you can expect the kind of durability matched only by premium copper or granite sinks, and that’s saying something given they are some of the most durable types of kitchen sinks on the market.
It’s made using 18 gauge stainless steel and has been manufactured in Switzerland, which is known for exporting very high-quality products.
Elegant and Stylish
The unique (but functional) shape and the shiny finish of the sink would surely make it the focal point of your kitchen. There have been customers mentioning in their reviews how they get praise from their guests when they see the sink.
Moreover, even if the sink does get scratches over time, they won’t be very visible and well-hidden by the sink’s finish. And that means that the sink will retain its gorgeous look over the years, which is definitely something not very common when it comes to stainless steel kitchen sinks.
- Unique shape that makes the sink much more functional than the average steel sink out there
- Sound dampening pads work great at minimizing the noise, even when doing things like running water or using a waste disposal, which can otherwise create a lot of noise
- The Orca sports a premium finish that makes it look very attractive and gives it a premium feel
- Being made of 18 gauge stainless steel and manufactured in Switzerland, it definitely wouldn’t have the kind of durability issues often associated with cheaper steel sinks
- There are not many steel sinks in this price range that can match the style and elegance of the Orca
- If you do not use any grid and aren’t careful when washing very sharp objects in the sink, it might get some scratches, just like pretty much every other steel sink ever made
One of the Best Options!
The Franke Orca is one of the best stainless steel sinks on the market, as it offers the best of what steel sinks are preferred for, while getting around some of the most annoying but common issues they come with.
At this price, you just can’t go wrong with the Orca, especially given its premium look and feel.
You should also check out our reviews of other Franke sinks:
- Franke Ellipse Dual Mount Granite Offset Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Franke Gravity Dual Mount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Franke Prestige Undermount Dual Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review
- Franke Primo Dual Mount Granite Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Review
- Franke Regatta Undermount Dual Bowl Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink Review