Do you know there are various factors that you need to consider while selecting a kitchen sink? And among them, durability is the foremost one compared to the other factors like design, looks, and style.
Interestingly, times have drastically changed and now you end up getting a wide range of kitchen sinks which are made using various materials. Traditional ones are made using materials like stainless steel, porcelain, copper, and granite, while the latest ones are created using acrylic and fiberglass which are becoming really popular.
Nowadays, it is quite easy to construct a kitchen sink and you can use less expensive and lighter materials. Interestingly, acrylic kitchen sinks are tardily making their route to the kitchen design market, and besides being durable, they are aesthetically pleasing.
These are created using granite composite matter, which is fade-proof and extra strong. It means that the physical appearance of this sink remains constant; thereby meaning that as years pass by, it will look the same just like the day it was installed. Other materials like stainless steel kitchen sinks will easily wear out when they are subjected to scratching, while porcelain bowl sinks will break easily. With regard to acrylic kitchen sinks, their surface is non-porous and non-absorbent. Plus, it is resistant to scratches and chips.
Here we have compiled a list of acrylic sink reviews that we think are the best for homeowners:
Acrylic Sink Reviews 2017
Farmhouse / Apron Front
33 x 18 x 9.6 inches
25 x 22 x 12 inches
The Features of Acrylic Kitchen Sink
Do you know that acrylic or polyester composite sinks are cheaper when compared to the enamel or stainless steel kitchen sinks? Besides being available in various colors, they are quite easy to install too. The commonly used kitchen sinks are the granite composite ones, made from acrylic resin and granite in the ratio of 30:70 or 20:80.
Such kind of kitchen sinks provides a combination of excellent durability as well as looks. In addition, if you check the surface coating, it is done using compact and stiff rock particles. This makes it non-porous and non-absorbent. In addition to that, these sinks aren’t prone to any kind of stains and cracks. You can get various acrylic kitchen sinks in different styles and patterns.
Also, you have the choice to either opt for a double or single tub. The placement of the tub varies from one kind to another.
You can get such kind of composite acrylic sinks in a variety of colors like black, white, green and red. The most popular colors are black and white. But these sinks can be pretty expensive in comparison to the acrylic composite or polyester materials.
Pros and Cons of Acrylic Sinks
- One of the advantages of having an acrylic kitchen sink is that they are lightweight as well as quite easy to be installed.
- In comparison to the stainless steel ones, these kitchen sinks are sound absorbent. Also, they can easily reduce as well as dampen the voices caused by utensils especially while cleaning.
- You can use the ordinary non-abrasive cleaners to clean the acrylic kitchen sink.
- Besides being scratch proof, these sinks are stain proof as well. But you need to be careful as stains are bound to come back due to long-term usage.
- It is a huge advantage to have a wide range of styles, colors and designs. Acrylic or granite composite materials have a matte finish and can look like natural stones.
- Most of the acrylic sinks have a solid surface with extensive features like germ fighting, along with hassle-free drainage systems.
- Make sure to avoid exposing petroleum related products to acrylic sinks as this will lead to damaging its surface, especially the acrylic or polyester ones.
- While acrylic sinks can withstand a temperature of up to 363° F, they are still prone to extensive thermal shock. This will easily melt the material.
- Long term usage of the acrylic kitchen sink can lead to stains and surface penetration.
As you are concerned about functionality, selecting the acrylic kitchen sink will not be a bad choice. Its ability to withstand high temperature and being durable is indeed a brownie point.